-Post-Doctorate Neuropsychological Studies, 2015-2016
Fielding Graduate University
-Ph.D.: General/Clinical Psychology, 1993-1994
Alliant International University, San Diego, CA
-M.A.: Educational Psychology, 1981
Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA
-M.Ed.: Education/Counseling and Guidance, 1978
Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA
-B.A.: Psychology, 1976
Pars College, Tehran-Iran.
License Number PSY 16624, Feb. 2000-Present
-Diplomate, Board of Psychological Specialties,
The American College of Forensic Examiners: Diplomate I.D. No. 14207, 1998-2018
-Marriage, Family, and Child Therapist
License Number MC18629, 1983-2015
-Qualified Medical Evaluator, Psychologist (Industrial Medical Council) 2000-2012
Lic.# 945261, 2002-2011
Certification Number 930001759, 1981-present
- American Psychological Association
- California Psychological Association
- Orange County Psychological Association
- Forensic Expert Witness Association
- POST-DOCTORAL INTERNSHIPS:
• 500 hours of Clinical Neuropsychology consulted hours for performing
neuropsychological evaluations, 2015-2016 (Under the supervision of Arnold Purisch, Ph.D.)
• 3000 hours of psychological, neuropsychological,
forensic psychological assessment and psychological treatment under the clinical supervision of Everett Jacobson, Ph.D., Stephen Bindman, Ph.D., Cyrus Moazam,
- PRE-DOCTORAL INTERNSHIPS:
• 3000 hours of clinical counseling and psychotherapy in in-patient settings in Foothill
Health and Rehabilitation Center and View Heights Hospital (1979-1981).
• 1000 hours of School Psychologist internship in School Psychology and child therapy
in Hawthorne and Inglewood School District 1981.
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE IN PRIVATE PRACTICE:
Private Practice: 1983-Present
• Provided services: Newport Beach, 2006-present, South Bay,
1990-2015; Westwood, 1986-1994; Beverly Hills from 1983-1986 :
• Forensic and clinical psychological evaluation, neuropsychological assessments,
and expert witness evaluations (major injury accidents, employment
discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination, and medical malpractice).
• Designated expert witness and consultant in numerous Psycho-legal cases.
• Courtroom, arbitration, and deposition experience as an expert witness.
• Provided consultation and treatment to inpatient and outpatient entities till 2015.
• Providing consultation and treatment in inpatient (psychiatric and dual diagnosis)
In-Patient Hospital Affiliations (provided in-patient psychological consult and treatment):
• Hoag Hospital, Newport Beach, CA., 2008-2011
• Little Company of Mary Hospital, San Pedro, CA, Sep. 2004-2007
• Centinela Hospital, Inglewood, CA, September2002-December 2003
• Del Amo Hospital, Torrance, CA., February 2001- February 2003
• Robert F. Kennedy, Hospital, Hawthorne, CA, 1994-2002.
• CPC Westwood Hospital, West Los Angeles, CA, 1989-1993.
• Suncrest Hospitals, Stanton and Torrance, CA, 1989-1993.
• Las Encinas Hospital, Pasadena, CA., 1984-1986
UNIVERSITY TEACHING EXPERIENCE:
-Adjunct Professor: 2008-2014
Graduate School of Forensic Psychology, Argosy University:
Teaching Professional and Ethical Standards and Maladaptive Psychology in Forensic field
-Teaching position: 2007-present
Tactical Advantage Group/Claims Med:
Developing Curriculums and teaching the Fundamentals of Neuropsychological
Evaluation in the forensic arena.
-Adjunct Professor: Summer 2001
PEPPERDINE UNIVERSITY, Culver City, CA
Taught Psychotherapy Techniques to graduate psychology students.
-Affiliate and Lecturer: 1996-1998
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, Inglewood, CA
Provided training to graduate students in Psychology and counseling.
-Adjunct Professor: Winter 1986
LOYOLA MARYMOUNT UNIVERSITY, Los Angeles, CA
Taught theories and practices of marriage, family, and child therapy in the MFT program.
-Professor (Full Faculty status): 1983-1985
YUIN UNIVERSITY, Los Angeles, CA:
• Introduction to Psychology for undergraduate students.
• Public Health/Mental Health regarding social and mental health issues.
-Lay Arbitrator, Orange County Bar Association: 2010-present
-Elected member of Board of Directors: Dec.2004-Dec. 2005
Forensic Expert Witness Association.
-Chapter Coordinator: 2003 - 2007
American College of Forensic Examiner
Providing Continuing Education for the chapter members in the South Bay area.
-Psychotherapy Intern Supervisor in practice: 1990 – 1998
-Private Practice Consultant – 1990-1998
M. Habibi, M.D. Neuro Surgeon, Hollywood, CA
Consultation, evaluation, and treatment of severe back injuries and brain concussions.
-Clinical Director: 1990-1994
COMPREHENSIVE TREATMENT CENTER, Westwood, CA
Clinical management and interns’ supervision.
BEHRUZAN, M.D., HEALTH CLINIC, Hollywood, CA
Psychological testing and evaluation for defense, involving work injuries.
-School Psychologist: 1986-1990
LA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT, Los Angeles, CA
Performed psychological, psycho-educational evaluation and consultation.
-Clinical Program Director: 1985-1987
TIERRA DEL SOL, Sunland, CA
Developed a clinical treatment program and managed staff in Behavior Modification
the treatment program for Developmentally Disabled (State Funded Programs).
-Program Coordinator: 1980-1984
HARBOR REGIONAL CENTER, Torrance, CA
Provided evaluation of the clinical needs of developmentally disabled clients and
coordinated IPP and IEP, with other professionals and physicians.
• The effect of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder on the Limbic System of the Brain,
Journal of Orange County Psychological Association, June 2018
• Neuropsychological Assessment in Traumatic Brain Injury in Forensic
Arena, Journal of Orange County Psychological Association, November,
• Goddesses and Women: Amazon.com, November 2010
• Psychological Evaluation: Journal of Orange County Psychological
Association, Jan-Feb. 2010.
• Curriculums for continuing education courses: Anatomy of Injury, 2007,
neuropsychological evaluations, 2007, disability evaluation, 2007 for Med
• Sexual Harassment at Work and Post-Traumatic Stress: Forensic Expert
Witness Association, Summer 2005
• Forensic Psychologist in Sexual Harassment Complaints: Long Beach Bar
Association, Summer 2004.
• Forensic Psychologist in Sexual Harassment Complaint: Forensic Expert
Witness Association, Spring 2004.
• Doctoral Dissertation, 1993-1994, (Reprints Available Upon Request): A
Psychohistorical Research and Analysis. (Of the king of Iran).
Numerous Articles and interviews in numerous newspapers and
• Psychological adjustment of Persian men and women in relationship to their
forced immigration to the United States.
• Family issues and generation gap.
• Managing behavior problems in children.
Alzheimer’s Group of Irvine:
Competency Evaluation, October 16, 2019
Orange County Bar Association:
Mental Disability Accommodation & Litigation, November 2011.
Orange County Bar Association:
Expert Witness and Employment cases, to be presented in October 2010.
Orange County Psychological Association:
Disability Evaluation, April 2010
Orange County Psychological Association:
Sexual Harassment and its Consequences, October 2008
Palos Verdes School District:
Parents Helping Parents, Motivating Children, 2005
Little Company of Mary Hospital-San Pedro:
Depression and Treatment, March 19, 2004.
Loyola University (Graduate School of Psychology):
Psychological and Neuropsychological Testing, November 2003.
Beverly Hills Employment Attorneys Association:
Sexual Harassment: Law and Psychology, August 2002.
Psychotherapy technique, Summer 2001
California State Univ. Northridge:
Therapy with middle-easterners, May 2000.
Robert F. Kennedy Hospital:
Teenage Suicide: February 1996
Persian community, Women Organizations 1995-2002
Public Schools Faculty in Los Angeles: 1990-1993
Numerous lectures for school teachers, regarding mental health.
Suncrest Hospital (Psychiatric): 1992-1993
Numerous Lectures on children’s psychological disorders, adolescent depression and
posttraumatic stress disorder in adults and children.
City of Carson Employees: 1992
Job stress and effective stress management.
Woodland Hills Presbyterian Hospital: 1989
Secondary impotence in men, due to anxiety.
Libraries and YMCAs in the Palisades, Marina Del Rey, Westwood and
Chamber of Commerce: 1985-1992
Children in the family dynamics
CERTIFICATIONS and CONTINUING EDUCATION:
• 6 hours of continued education in Effective Risk Assessment and Suicide
Intervention, October 7, 2019
• 6 hours of continued education in Law and Ethics at California Psychological
Association, September 15, 2018
• 27.5 hours of psychological and psychiatric continued education at Psych. Congress
National Conference, Orlando, Florida, October 25-28 2018
• 23 hours of psychological continued education at California psychological
Association convention, April 2017
• 21 hours, Marquette University, Neuroanatomical dissection, July 22-25, 2016
• 2 full semesters, Fielding University, neuropsychology, Post Doctoral studies, 2015-
* University of California San Diego, School of Medicine, 16 hrs, August 2013
• 23 hours, Continuing Medical-Psychiatric Education, Sept. 2013
• 4 hours, LNE Greatest hits (Ethics), Orange County Bar Association, 9/25/2010
• 12 hours of QME Continuing Ed. in Pain Management, Functional Restoration,
psychiatric GAF evaluation, November 2010.
• 6 hours CME, Treating the Whole Person, CME, 8/14/2010
• Clinical Supervision 2010
• Jungian Psychology, New York Institute for Jungian Studies 2009
• MMPI-2 Analysis by Caldwell Report, 2009
• Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Orange County Psych. Assoc., 2008
• Attention Deficit Disorder in Children and Adolescents, May 2007
• Narcissistic Personality Disorder and treatment approaches, May 2007
• Psycho-pharmacological treatment of Bipolar Disorders, May 2007
• Alzheimer's Disease and long-term care, May 2007
• Domestic Violence (12 Hours), Daniel Sonkin, Ph.D., June 5, 2006
• Domestic Violence (8 hrs), Psycho-Legal Association, Inc., April 2005
• Industrial Medicine, Updates for QMEs, February 2006
• Neuropsychological deficits in Brain damaged persons, CCPN, January 2005
• Fitness For Duty Evaluation, CCPN, January 2005
• Advanced Cross Examination, SEAK, March 25, 2004
• Scientific Evidence, in the applied Forensic Sciences, American College of Forensic
Examiner, October 11, 2003
• Malingering Assessment in psychological and neuropsychological assessment:
American College of Forensic Examiners, October 9, 2003
• Psychological Testing in the Civil Forensic Arena, August 1999
• Disability Evaluation, California Society of Industrial Medical and Surgery, August
• Comparative Models of Child Custody Evaluation: Los Angeles County Bar
Association, June 2002
• Expert Testimony Skills, S.E.A.K, March 2002
• Complex Psychological Trauma (PTSD): October 2000.
• Specialized Training Services: Assessing and Treating Personality Disorders (MMPI-
2). July 2000.
• California Psychological Association: Comprehensive Evaluation of Malingering,
• California Psychological Association: Sexual Harassment; Evaluation and
• American Academy of Forensic Psychology: Certificate of Forensic Assessment of
Sexual Discrimination and Sexual Harassment, February 1998.
• The Fielding Institute: Neuropsychological Screening, July 1998.
• Neuropsychological and Forensic psychological testing and evaluation under clinical
supervision of: Everett Jacobson, Ph.D., Cyrus Moazam, Ph.D., Stephen
• California Psychological Association: Legal and Ethical Considerations of Using
• California Psychological Association: Risk Management in the Evolving Health Care
• Cedars-Sinai Medical Center: Certificate of Attendance in Current Challenges in
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, April 1997.
• Gestalt Therapy Center: Certificate of Completion of Five-Month Group Therapy
Training for Professionals, 1979.
• Harbor Regional Center: Training in Clinical Intervention with Developmentally
Disabled Children and Adults, 1981.
• University of California, Los Angeles: Certificate of Counseling Techniques for
Developmentally Disabled, 1982.
• Hawthorne and Inglewood School Districts: Supervised training in Psychological
Evaluation of Children and Adolescents, 1981.
Various Radio and TV Stations, Psychological Issues: 1990- 2002.
Channel 13 News, Interview: “Teenage Suicide.” February 1996.
Persian Radio Station (Radio Iran), 1983-1996: Weekly program 8.00-8:30 p.m.
Cross-cultural issues and adjustment to the “Forced” immigration.
Channel 4 Television Station, Men’s Health Program: 1992
“Men’s current psycho-social and family issues.”
Channel 4, “Fast Lane Kids” Documentary: 1992
Children are overloaded to perform by parental pressure.
Public Television, World of Medicine, weekly program: 1990
Drug addiction, depression, relationship problems, posttraumatic stress disorder in
children, anxiety, and panic.
Farsi (Persian), Fluent